Regulations for Promoting an Income Opportunity During a Pandemic
April 30, 2020
We wanted to quickly touch on an important message regarding FTC regulations and promoting an income opportunity during a pandemic. The FTC considers income claims of above-average results to be misleading to consumers, so we want to be sure our Artists understand and follow these guidelines.
The FTC considers income claims of above-average results to be misleading and has warned:
- They will hold companies accountable for statements made in the field (by Artists).
- Leveraging COVID to promote an income opportunity is highly offensive.
Promoting an income opportunity while directly or loosely referencing the pandemic is against regulations. We want to be diligent to prevent any claims against our company. With that in mind, here are a few do's and don'ts to help you stay within compliance:
- Make any specific claims about income potential.
- Make any statement that would imply you are trying to benefit from the current situation for financial gain.
- Express gratitude for your job as an Artist and the ability to work from home.
- Be sensitive to the situations of others as you work to grow your business.
For more information, please visit here. Questions can be sent to our Compliance Team.
Thank you for your efforts to represent the Maskcara brand with integrity!